As always, the summer months are so very exciting for beach cities. Concerts, family-friendly events, and festivals fill the weeks of summer in Virginia Beach! Take a look below for the Top 6 Things To Do in Virginia Beach – August 2016.
1. Summer Movie Night Series is a great way for families to enjoy the outdoors and watch movies on the BIG screen! This family series takes place at the Mount Trashmore Park. August 12th’s movie night will feature the film, Home, where the animated alien world meets the human world. This cute movie is enjoyable for children and adults. On August 26th, the movie of the night will be The Peanuts Movie. The Summer Movie Night Series begins at 7 PM with interactive games for the kids. After that, enjoy food from concession stands, and settle down for the movie. Bring pillows and blankets for this event, because it gets a little chilly when the sun goes down. Get comfy, and get outdoors for this super fun experience!
2. Funkfest Beach Party is a HUGE party full of celebration bringing the funk to the Virginia Beach Oceanfront. August 26th through the 28th is when this fun party will take place. The 24th Street Stage will host tons of funk playing musicians so you can dance til you drop! Big name artists will be performing for the 2016 FunkFest Beach Party like Cameo and Bay-Kays. Celebrate the Africana culture by viewing their art exhibit on the Boardwalk across from the 24th Street Stage. Saturday, August 27th will feature a super Jazz to the Beat party! This party will start at noon on the beach at 25th Street. If you are a jazz music fan, you don’t want to miss this experience. Tickets to the Jazz to the Beat party are $10 per ticket. The price of general admission for the Funkfest Beach Party is FREE!
3. Neptune’s Coastal Craft Beer Festival brings all beer lovers to the VA Beach Oceanfront! This event is a favorite at the beach. There will be over 50 types of beers up for sampling from 23 different breweries around the region! There’s more than just beer being served here. Come hungry because there will be delicious food from two food trucks with fresh and tasty meals. Like BBQ? Malbon’s BBQ food truck will be in attendance for this beer fest. Pino’s Meatballs is the other food truck that will be great to pair with your beer. Want a feel of the types of beers that you will taste at this event? Here’s a look at some that will be up for grabs: Traditions Brewing, Sweet Water, Alewerks, Back Bay, Devil’s Backbone, and more! This event is rain or shine. Tickets are $30 in advance. If you want to buy them at the door, they will be $35. Come on down to the 31st Street Park (Neptune’s Park) from 1:00PM-6:00PM for Neptune’s Coastal Craft Beer Festival!
4. Fireworks aren’t just for July in Virginia Beach! Firework shows take place all summer long for us. During the month of August, there are weekly firework shows that can be seen from anywhere on the Boardwalk.
5. Since August is one of last of the hottest months of the summer, the water is at its warmest. It seems to have been bringing tons of DOLPHINS to the oceanfront! When at the beach this month, take time to do some dolphin watching. You can either do this right from your towel on the sand or take a look from the Virginia Beach pier. You are sure to spot a pod or two!
6. Daily Concerts at the Virginia Beach Boardwalk is what you will find all this month! Just walk from street to street on the Boardwalk, and you will find another concert. On weekdays the concerts start at 6 in the evening. Saturdays and Sundays will have concerts just about all day long. You will always be able to find a live musical performance at the Boardwalk.
I hope this list of the Top 6 Things To Do in August in Virginia Beach will help you to plan the best visit ever! Let us know if you think any other event should make it to our list!